If there’s anything we appreciate when we travel it’s the ability to see a city by land and sea. This is why Miami boat tours appeal to us. It’s a fun way to understand why the water is such an appealing reason why people want to live there and visit.
There are boat tours you can take in Miami during the day or during sunset, and ones that you can have dinner on too. You can charter a boat for a very private and luxurious experience or you can try to do something ultra-unique, like Flyboarding or jet skiing.
Read on to the end for all your Miami boat tour options and bookmark this post for your next Miami vacation.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post, which means we may earn a small commission if you click the link and proceed with a purchase, at no cost to you. We truly only recommend hotels, products, and services we personally use. As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Daytime Miami Boat Tours
Love the thrill of riding in a speedboat as the wind presses against your face? This tour’s for you:
- Cruise down Miami’s waterways on a speed boat as you spot multi-million dollar homes on Fisher Island and Star Island. Your captain will narrate the tour and share information about Miami’s cultures and history. You’ll love the photo ops of the Miami skyline from the water…and you’ll love when you go fast in the Thriller speedboat.
- If you want a boat with conveniences like air conditioning and a restroom, this one-and-a-half-hour tour of Millionaire’s Row will be a great choice. You’ll also have great views of the skyline during this Miami boat tour aboard Island Queen.
- This catamaran cruise lasts three hours and allows you to jet ski and go on a banana boat during your time on the water. Drinks are included, which is certainly a perk if you’re on vacation in Miami!
- Maybe you love a pirate story! (Heck, Walt Disney World’s Pirates of the Caribbean is only 3+ hours north of Miami!) If you do, then consider an 80-minute pirate cruise in Miami, where you’ll sail past the city’s mansions and take in its beautiful skyline.
Miami Boat Tours (Have a Boat to Yourselves)
Want to explore Miami by boat like a celebrity? Then sign up for a private boat tour.
- Set out for the ocean yourself or with a group of up to 12 people, on this 4-hour private yacht charter on a 45′ vessel. (If you’re a big group and you split the coast, this is an awesome experience. Or, maybe you want to splurge for a day and party like a rock star on a yacht that’s temporarily “yours” for just you and your partner.) Spend time on the top deck but enjoy the living space beneath as well. You’ll find amenities onboard like a microwave, air conditioning, a refrigerator, and a bathroom. Alcoholic beverages and ice are included, which makes it easy to board the boat and simply enjoy your sailing!
- Sail on a private catamaran for three hours! Enjoy the peaceful breezes off the coast of Miami with a memorable adventure at an affordable price. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, they will clip you onto the boat and allow you to hang off the side! (Weather and safety permitting, of course.)
- Book this boat for up to 8 people for 2 hours. Be sure to bring a music playlist because they have Bluetooth and speakers on the boat! You can also bring your favorite drinks along to stock in their onboard cooler.
- If you only have a party of up to 5 people (including yourself), consider this 4-hour boat tour. There is no set itinerary so you can customize what sights you see from the water. You’ll captain the boat yourself and depart from the Miami River. Enjoy Miami Bay from Nixon Sandbar to North Miami Beach during your time onboard, driving around the ocean.
- This private sailing for up to four people may be the tranquil city escape you’ve been looking for. This Miami sailboat adventure lasts between two to four hours, includes soft drinks and water, and sails from Miami’s Coconut Grove, near downtown Miami.
Sunset Cruises in Miami
One of the prettiest views of the water is during sunset. These tours allow you to soak up the glowing sun just before it sets, from Miami boat tours that sail during this golden time.
- This private two-and-a-half-hour sunset and “moon watch” boat ride for up to 8 people includes an experience spanning three picture-perfect situations: daylight, into sunset, and then nighttime. You’ll get a beautiful view of the twinkling Miami skyline. It’s sure to be a photo-worthy adventure. You can bring your own snacks and drinks on board too.
- Sip on a complimentary glass of champagne as you watch the sunset during this shared catamaran ride around Miami. You’ll even see the Cape Florida Lighthouse on Key Biscayne and cruise Biscayne Bay as the sun sinks below the horizon.
Airboat Tours in Miami’s Everglades
Shared Tour of the Everglades from Miami
If you’re more of a person who loves a jungle over the beach, consider an airboat tour of the world-famous Everglades in Florida. Pick up and drop off transportation is provided from your Miami Beach or Downtown Miami hotel. This day of Everglades adventures is nearly 6 hours total.
Everglades National Park is one of the most unique parks in the world. For starters, it’s the only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles co-exist. You’ll learn more about this fascinating wetlands ecosystem during your airboat tour, which includes your entrance fee to the National Park.
If you’ll be closer to Fort Lauderdale and want a tour that starts further north, check out this option.
More Exclusive Everglades Tour from Miami
If you’re looking to set out for a day of adventure that’s a bit more exclusive, look no further than this private Everglades adventure tour, priced per person. You’ll learn about the ecosystems of Miami with a biologist guide. Lunch, snacks, and non-alcoholic drinks are included.
You’ll have the chance to see manatees, crocodiles, gators, interesting birds, dolphins and more.
Pickup is around 7:00-7:30am and you’ll get away from the city for a change of pace during your Miami vacation. They’ll even store your luggage, free of charge. And they can even drop you off at the airport, cruise port or your hotel when the tour concludes if it’s within their transportation radius.
Other Cool Water Tours in Miami
There are other great ways to explore the ocean in Miami if you want to be a little more adventurous! Here are three suggestions:
- Sign up for a guided Jet Ski tour of Miami’s Biscayne Bay, if you love thrill rides and adventure.
- Parasail above Miami’s Biscayne Bay for an hour and see the blue water along South Florida’s coastline into the Atlantic Ocean from above. (We parasailed in California at Catalina Island and it was a lot of fun!)
- Can’t decide between jet skiing and parasailing? You don’t have to! Book this Miami combination tour and do both!
- Try Flyboarding, which will make you feel like you’re part of Back to the Future, but on the water! Water propulsion literally propels you into the air as you glide over the water. It’s certainly an incredibly unique water experience for you to have in Miami.
- Paddle around Paradise Island and feel great about the workout you got after your experience too. You can choose to enjoy the water and Miami’s skyline from a clear kayak, paddleboard, or double kayak as a guide takes you around the area by water.
- Love to fish? Don’t miss the chance to go deep-sea fishing for half a day off the coast of Miami!
- Have you ever wanted to try wakeboarding? Now’s your chance! You can book this private wakeboarding lesson in Miami for up to 5 people, for one price. Choose a morning or afternoon time for your one-hour adventure.
- If you have tried wakeboarding and enjoy it, you may want to try to hover above the water (as opposed to on it) with a private eFoil lesson. You’ll have your own instructor during this one-and-a-half-hour experience that teaches you how to use the board as you embark on a completely new and different experience in Miami. Imagine telling all your friends about this!
- It would be so cool to jump on a giant trampoline in the water during this half-day tour. You’ll have the opportunity to bounce on the water, kayak or paddleboard, and see Flagler Monument.
Land and Sea Combo Tours in Miami
If you want to see Miami by land and then hop on a boat in the water to see it by sea in one day, consider a combination tour.
- The Florida Keys are just south of Miami. While Key Largo is the closest key to Miami, Key West is the further. You can sign up for a day trip from Miami to Key West that lasts all day and includes a boat ride and snorkel outing. You’ll be picked up at your hotel early in the morning, take a bus to Key West and have time to explore the island as well. Don’t worry if it’s your first time snorkeling; this excursion includes professional instructions and you’ll have a blast!
- We love that this tour option stops at amazing Miami neighborhoods, including Little Havana and Wynwood. But they also include a boat tour of Miami’s well-known Biscayne Bay in the price of the all-day tour, which will show you the Port of Miami and Millionaire’s Row from the water.
- This day tour combines three great experiences: an airboat ride in the Everglades with a boat tour of Biscayne Bay, and City Sightseeing as well on a double-decker bus with narration.
Duck Tours Miami
If you want to see Miami by land and sea but don’t want to switch the vehicle or vessel you’re in to do that, sign up for a duck boat tour! These boats have tires to roam around the streets of Miami but all the mechanics to transform into water boats on the ocean too.
It’ll take you around South Beach and then roll into the water during this 90-minute tour.
Protect Yourself From the Sun (and Bad Swimsuits) with these Miami Boat Tour Tips
We recommend wearing a bathing suit and some sort of cover-up on top for these Miami boat tours. For men that may be swim shorts and a t-shirt. For women possibly a bathing suit and sundress, or a t-shirt and shorts over it.
We recommend checking out the swimsuit options for women at Change of Scenery. They sell luxury swimwear made from sustainable fabric. We love their cover-up options too and their prints always rock. Use code “SOMETIMESHOME” for 10% off your order.
You must wear sunscreen in Florida! The sun is incredibly strong, year-round. We recommend reef-safe sunscreen (it’s better for the Earth and you).
Additionally, we recommend a good pair of sunglasses with UV protection, lip balm with SPF protection, and hair ties if you have long hair. (The wind on the water will definitely tousle your hair and make it knotty so it’s best to tie it back.)
We also don’t travel anywhere without our Bug Bite Thing, because we can all agree that itchy bug bites are super annoying when you’re trying to enjoy your vacation!